Thursday, September 14, 2017

One way to fight the political indoctrination of our children!



One way to fight the political indoctrination of our children!



Have you wondered how to fight back against the politically oriented messages our nation’s children receive in their classrooms?  Are you concerned about the changing focus of history lessons and the national hysteria over historical statues? Are our children taught factual history, or is it indoctrination?

This father found a way to publicly reveal a problem and show his concern. He sets an outstanding example for the rest of us. We need to be aware of the problems, we need to show up, and and we need to speak out!



From the VIDEO below: Jeremy R. Morris, attorney in Coeur d’Alene Idaho, addresses attempts to purge history from American life. When he decides to speak at his local school board meeting, they tell him he isn’t permitted to speak. He speaks anyway. If you’ve ever wondered what happens when you tell a school board that they are “card carrying communists” to their faces, here’s what that looks like.



From Jeremy Morris on facebook:


Tom Hearn, a Member of the Board of Trustees for the CDA school district posted on FB that he wanted to tear down statues throughout the country erected by “White Nationalists.” I took great offense to this as he has no idea why any of these statues were erected in the first place. Hearn also happens to be a well-known anti-Christian bigot (he once wrote an article titled, “Why do THEY move here?” referring to Christians). I have a daughter in the 1st grade in this school district. I decided to ask the other board members if they share this view about censoring history because they are tasked with TEACHING IT!


Weeks ago, I filled out the forms to “get on the agenda” as is required by their policy. I received a phone call from the Chairman of the School Board. He talked to me about what I filled out. A few days ago, I received a letter from the same chairman stating that not only would I not be permitted to speak for ten minutes as part of the agenda… but incredibly, I would not be permitted to speak on this issue during the 3 minute comment period which is always open and available for the community.


So I held a fake book-burning outside the building on a “burn pile” rhetorically asking the Board which historical figures we need to erase from history and throw on the burn pile. Then I went into the meeting and confronted them. I decided that I’d rather commit civil disobedience and risk an arrest than let them get away with this.





Photo Courtesy of Duane Rasmussen



.


No comments:

Post a Comment