Sunday, September 17, 2017

Solutions: Stop Using YouTube







Every year come 9/11 I see my “9/11: A Conspiracy Theory” video making the rounds again. But this year something marvelous happened. I was able to point people to my BitChute.com mirror of the video. And my Dtube mirror. And my minds.com mirror. And my vid.me mirror. The YouTube crackdown is coming (exactly as I warned you it would), but the YouTube exodus is also here (just as I predicted at the beginning of the year). The only problem is there are too many platforms to keep track of.


Here are the ones I mentioned, but I’m eager to hear from The Corbett Report about other platforms that are available and how they rate in terms of long-term viability, censorship resistance and free speech possibilities, user friendliness, etc. Please leave your comments and recommendations in the comment section below.


BitChute.com – From the FAQ: “Here we believe people should be able to express their opinions and choose their topics. If existing services cannot allow that, then let’s make some that will. The question is, how to disrupt a platform as well established as YouTube? It cannot be on their terms; we think we might have an answer, decentralization by torrents and tailored matchups for monetization.”


Dtube.video – From the introduction post on Steemit: “DTube is an application fully written in javascript, that runs in the browser, that allows you to upload and watch videos on top of the IPFS Network. Moreover, it uses STEEM as a database and enables earning rewards from your uploads.”


Minds.com – From the About page: “Minds (Minds, Inc.) is a free and open source social networking platform that rewards you for your activity online with revenue, digital currency and more views on your content. We are built on a foundation of freedom, privacy and democratization.”


vid.me – From the About page: “We’re a team of twelve humans and six dogs located in Downtown LA who are on a mission to build the world’s most creator-friendly video community. Over 25 million people use Vidme every month to upload and watch videos, and we’re just getting started.”


Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedintumblrmail

Filed in: Videos
Tagged with:


No comments:

Post a Comment