Friday, September 8, 2017

Solutions: Turn Off Your TV

manbearpig says:


There are three Black Mirror episodes that I have actually shown my students of various ages that have allowed me to broach topics that they’re obsessed with such as:


-Glitzy talent reality shows (like The Voice) where the audience and jury vote on the best and the worst performers (15 Million Merits)


-and their cell phones (Nosedive) (like the chinese social credit system)


as well as topics that I’m obsessed with such as


-Eugenics (Men Against Fire) and


-Predictive Programming


It’s been great fun and I like to think, illuminating.


But point well taken, nice to hear the birds chirp and the kids play in the playground too, smell the pine trees and the earthy ploughed fields in autumn.


If you ever did change your mind and address this exceptional TV series with FLNWO, I think the episode entitled “Men Against Fire” would be the most fundamentally relevant to your preoccupations. Talks about military technology and Eugenics and brain chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment